Sunday, February 20, 2022

(Day 6) Thinking about the setting

 Hey guys!!! I was thinking about some elements that were important to my production. Because of my plot, I think it would be very important to start thinking about setting early on. 


- I wanted to start off with a very yellow, monochromatic setting. The girl’s outfit is yellow, as well as elements surrounding her.

- I could find a yellow dress on amazon, and try out filters in adobe that could make things look yellow. On the last project I made, I learned how to apply an effect that filtered out colors and focus on one. 

- I do have some red, green and blue outfits that I could wear, so I don’t think I have to worry too much about it.

- some elements I would need would be colorful markers, a calendar and an alarm clock (if I find one that isn’t too expensive, it would look good for the aesthetics). 

- I want to film inside of my house for the scenes of the girl waking up and going to sleep, and I wanted to film a public place as well to represent the girl’s routine.

- I’d also need a place where I can make a fire for the last scene where the girl burns the calendar, it could be a very open and nature-ish place. 

- I could also have some scenes of the character doing exercise, helping display her level of motivation in different colors.

- I could add some naturally yellow elements for the “yellow” scenes: lemons, yellow pillows, sun, sunflowers, smiley face stickers

- for red, I could have some strawberries, stop signs, raspberries, ketchup, roses, hobiscus tea, apples, etc.

- for blue, I could show the sky, water, blueberries

- for green, I could have lots of plants. Trees, house plants, etc. 

- for the colorless world, I shouldn’t worry too much because of how I will just add a black and white filter



No comments:

Post a Comment

CR

          Couleur du Jour is a short film inspired by the idea of having “perfection” in society. It questions whether having a “perfect” li...