Sunday, February 13, 2022

(Day 2) Finding Ideas

 Hey guys!! It's great to see you again! 

Lately I've spent my time thinking of ideas for my short film (I've decided that since our last time together!) and I think I have a good one.

A world where you can choose how your day goes through your calendar, a girl has many markers with different colors to fill out her day. Everyday though, for the past years, she has been using the same yellow marker. One day, she sees that her yellow marker has scarce ink, and begins to get desperate. She gets in a manic episode where she tries to buy more yellow markers, search up what colors make you happy, and notices that there is no way she can stay in her comfort zone. Her only solution was to try out the other colors in she had. The short film showcases her different days as she goes, taking for granted the other colors she has in life. It gets to a point where all her markers end, and she starts living in a colorless world. She suffers, and decides to burn her calendar. The last scene shows a wide short of her in front of a firepit burning the calendar as the colors fade into her life.



The story is about how we want to feel some way for the day, and how we can't expect ourselves to feel happy and optimistic all the time. We need a balance, and we need to stay true to ourselves. The calendar shows the restraint in the character's choice for feeling what she really feels. Burning it meant that she would see all colors on her day to day life, feel free to let her choices throughout the day lead to how she feels.

The title of the short film would be "couleurs" or "cores" or "hue" or maybe even "calendário". I might change my mind though.

A great inspiration for the misé-en-scene of this piece would be Wes Anderson's.


this would be used for the "yellow days", for example.

The next blogs I make will be research on Wes Anderson's mise en scene, color theory and genre. 
I think this idea can be done really well, and I love exploring mise-en-scene elements, it's something I personally really find important.  Some of my favorite movies are my favorite because of their atmosphere. This story gives me a great chance to practice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CR

          Couleur du Jour is a short film inspired by the idea of having “perfection” in society. It questions whether having a “perfect” li...