Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Introducing The Website to A Level

 Hey guys!! I am SO excited to be back! I am using this website this time to document my progress and process for the AICE Media A Level portfolio project.

To begin, I wanted to reflect for a second on what I did wrong on the AS level project:

  • The blog postings should be more regular (have a schedule!!!)

  • The editing- learn more techniques, cut at the right times, etc. Make the shots smoother and the story easier to understand!

  • Better equipment- get a good camera, get a good microphone! Remember to learn how to operate them!

  • The CCR- now it’s an essay! Consider the information in the questions, start working on it early so quality is good.




I wanted to really pay more attention to my time management this time. I am so happy because I get to have another chance at making a portfolio project. These are some of the things I liked about last year's project:

  • The mise-en-scene elements- I really liked how I was a perfectionist with the color theory, the costumes, the lighting, etc.
  • The creativity- I hope I can make something as creative as last year's project.



I also wanted to have great quality on my CCR. I remember that I got feedback from it last year, not so good...Which it's totally okay, I get to have a second chance now! These are the questions I should keep in mind when developing the project:

  • How do your products represent social groups or issues?

  • How do the elements of your production work together to create a sense of ‘branding’?

  • How do your products engage with the audience?

  • How did your research inform your products and the way they use or challenge conventions?

DECISIONS TO MAKE ABOUT THE PROJECT

I also wanted to talk a little about the options I have for this project. I can choose between a music promotion package, a film promotion package, a documentary package and a short film package.

The ones that appeal to me the most are the the film promotion package and the short film package.

I have the option to work with a friend (Larissa T.) but we are still discussing whether we should be on the same project or just help each other. No matter the decision, we are always gonna have a helping hand.

I also don't know the genre for the piece I will be making, so I you readers are probably going to see lots of experimentation through mood boards and research :) 





SCHEDULE FOR TIME MANAGEMENT


Week 1

- introduction to A level
- research on different short films from different genres

Week 2

- choose a genre- research- mood board
- mind maps
- more research on the genre's pieces.
- ?

* I will update the schedules throughout the week!


- That's it for now! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CR

          Couleur du Jour is a short film inspired by the idea of having “perfection” in society. It questions whether having a “perfect” li...