Sunday, March 7, 2021

Post-Production Planning (Day 13)

 Because I cannot think of any other way of going further on before filming preparation, I will elaborate on what I am going to do afterwards.

After the video is filmed on Saturday, I will begin the editing process.

First I have to transfer the clips from my camera to my computer, and from there, download an editing software.

I want to look into different editing softwares, and find one that can be affordable. I am only familiar with Adobe Premiere, so it might be the one I will download. I can also ask for a friend's Adobe Premiere account so I don't have to spend money. If everything goes wrong, I can just use iMovie. iMovie is very simple but you can certainly do a nice job if you know how to use it.

I will then look into the different clips and cut the things I don't need, make readjustments, etc. 

I will also look into putting on a filter I've been thinking of for this project; which is a black and white filter that only detects red variations. I have watched a few videos n how to do that but I will only know once I am really at that stage.

Another thing that helps is that I still have a lot of time to edit after I film, so if I have any difficulties in achieving what I want, I will have plenty of time to figure it out.

I am adding music to my video, and I think that will be the biggest challenge. I know plenty of songs that would fit nicely with my film's mood, but I don't think I can use any song. I have to check the copyrights to know if I can use them. I tried to earlier, but all that copyright topic can be a bit confusing. 

In summary, the editing I will do will include music, a filter, cutting scenes, zoom-ins, cropping, etc.

I will keep you guys updated in my editing process throughout the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CR

          Couleur du Jour is a short film inspired by the idea of having “perfection” in society. It questions whether having a “perfect” li...