Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Filming Day (Day 16)

 Filming day was on Wednesday, March 17th.

Figurine

I took advantage of my school privilege to start working on the costumes and production early.

Hair

I started at 1:20pm by doing my hair. I curled all of it with a curling iron, and pinned them with bobby pins. I used a lot of hairspray so I could get a strong hold that would last for the whole filming time.


These are the materials I used for Marylin's hair.


This is me starting out on the hair at 1:20pm


This is my hair pinned up; I was on the finishing process of curling it. Afterwards, I brushed out the curls and used hairspray and gel with pins to create the actual hairstyle. This process alone took me 3 hours.

This is the before of me trying to                      This is me, fully done. My hair finally
do a 50s hairstyle but failing                               looked acceptable.

Makeup

My makeup consisted of eyebrow pencils, light concealer, cat eyeliner with light brown eyeshadows and a red, bold lipstick. I also had a spot on my cheek, and I reinforced its appearance using a brown eye pencil. It ended up looking great!

                                       


This is a clearer picture of the makeup. I took a screenshot from the actual footage taken later that day.

Clothes (You Already Know About This One)

I put the red dress on, black high heels and I was ready!

For the husband, I told the actor to bring a suit and have his hair damp. He has curly hair, so I figured having his hair wet would give it a gel appearance.

Afterwards, we drove to my friend's house to get the vinyl for a scene. They gave us the most neutral disc they had.


We got back into my house, set up the camera on the tripod and started filming according to the storyboard. some of the things on it were changed, because I figured they would be unrealistic to produce in real life. I had to adapt with what I had. 

Conclusions

I don't think it is necessary for me to walk through every step of filming because I have mentioned that over and over in the past. I will say that this experience was incredible, and that the feeling of producing something and making something that came up in my head come to life is amazing. I felt like I was accomplishing something. I also loved the aesthetic and atmosphere created with the lighting on most shots. The fake blood scenes were also very fun and messy to make. I had to explain to my parents what and why I was doing that. I loved creating scenes that also showed Marylin's twisted perspective. It gave me chills. Overall, the production process was very challenging but very thrilling. I look forward to learn more and become better at this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

CR

          Couleur du Jour is a short film inspired by the idea of having “perfection” in society. It questions whether having a “perfect” li...