Thursday, March 25, 2021

Editing process (Day 17)

I started editing my clips on Friday, and that was quite different compared to the things I do.

I was going to use iMovie, but I decided I just had to have something better for this piece. 

I remember using Adobe Premiere Pro before on Middle School, but I couldn't  remember how to do things. It came across my head how that was a really good program that has a vast list of things you could do, so I went with that one.

Since I did not have the application downloaded, I signed up for a demo, which is more than enough. 

I transferred all of the videos from my camera to my computer. There were a total of 49 files of the scenes.

I opened Adobe Premiere Pro, and I started to import the clips into the project. I started cutting out unnecessary parts from the videos, and putting them in the order of the storyboard. I also filmed some extra shots that seemed interesting. 


This is how my screen is looking right now.


Afterwards, I started looking for a song to use. It was really sad to not be able to put the song I really wanted, "Tonight You Belong To Me" by Patience and Prudence (it was copyrighted). I went to chosic.com to look for free copyright music. I put an "Old" filter and started looking for potential songs I could use. This was a very important part, because my piece does not consist of any dialogue, therefore the elements of focus were the body language, colors and music on the video.

I found two potential songs from there, one called "My Pillow And Me", and the other one "My Sweetie Went Away". I like both of them, but the name of the second one seems more on track with the storyline.

This is the song I am focused on right now.


After finding the song, I started having a little fun, trying to imagine how everything would look like after it was done, and starting on the filter. I wanted to do a black and white filter that only detected the color red, or that at least made everything else muted. I fortunately was able to do it! I am not the best at it, but I certainly am getting better and better. 


I am putting this here so that it's easier for me to find it! This is the tutorial that helped me create the effect I wanted!

Sadly, my computer decided to update randomly when I went to get some water. I lost all of my progress and I am starting over. I have all of the clips together, and I am cutting them now. I do believe though, that it's going to take less time to get to where I was. I will keep you guys updated on my next post!

What's Next?

For the next days, I am going to try and finish up at least most of my opening. I want to have time to do the project reflection next week. Right now, I will keep working on it as most as I can to try and get this done. Also, next week is my birthday and I am a bit busy, so I have to get going!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CR

          Couleur du Jour is a short film inspired by the idea of having “perfection” in society. It questions whether having a “perfect” li...