Thursday, April 14, 2022

Reflections

 Hey guys! This project was a rollercoaster! I put my sweat and tears into it, but being honest, I expected it to turn out a little better. But hey, guess what? Every time I grow from a project or experience overall, I feel like I could have done it better because now I know I can improve. So you know what? I am happy I put so much energy into this, great or not, it still made me a very persistent and hardworking person. I feel like the universe was testing my energies for this project, but I won! Anyways, I do feel exhausted from the whole process. It will take me some time to regain the same energy again. 

      Going back to the topic of the short film, I just wished it would have been more interesting. Maybe I am just exaggerating a little, or maybe I am just sick of looking at the same clips for hours and hours. But maybe it really wasn't that engaging plot-wise. Visually, I think the shots looked great and the mise-en-scene was good. 

Maybe what was missing were just some good old writing skills. I remember my creative writing days in Freshman year of highschool. It was a little rough. The problems I would get were that I would have ideas too fast and not know how to go from one to another smoothly. I should practice it more! 

I also think that I could learn how to do nicer voice-overs. Maybe it was just the microphone I was using, but it just felt a little off. Also, I was very surprised by the camera I was using. The shots looked great and I just used my phone!!!!

I feel like the middle of the piece fell very flat and the audience was just there, waiting for something interesting to happen. I have a short attention span so this matters a lot to me. 

Overall, I just need to work on the plot and making things smoother ( with editing too)!!

Anyways, I am very, very tired. I'm very thankful for the life lessons I got from this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CR

          Couleur du Jour is a short film inspired by the idea of having “perfection” in society. It questions whether having a “perfect” li...