Friday, March 11, 2022

Story Outline Updated

 Hey guys! Today I had a very revealing conversation that made me realize that I was over complicating things. When I tried to change my story from markers to candles, I dug myself a little rabbit hole that was hard to come out. But now I realized I'm #teammarkersandcalendar


This is how the story will be cut:



Act 1: Yellow, Yellow and Yellow

- introduction to the calendar and the markers

- Margot's yellow days

- emphasize how markers change her day

- emphasize how she doesn't use other colors







Act 2: Yellow ends, enters other colors

- Gets desperate and enters a manic episode

- chooses another color

- lives day on another color 

- comes back, decides to choose another color

- lives the other color, gets stressed out

 - comes back, decides to choose another color

- lives the other color, bursts out in stress and starts aggressively marking the calendars with the colors left so that they end

- montage of days passing and her marking the calendar

- stops when the colors end, she grabs them and throw them away.




Act 3: Black and White world


- Margot wakes up and she realizes her world is now black and white. 

- She looks in the mirror and feels a void inside

- everything is so quiet, it's eerie even.

- she starts narrating with her thoughts

- she notices how the calendar is what was taking over her right to write her own story, and how her need to feel happy all the time felt superficial.

- She burns the calendar and colors fade back into her life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

CR

          Couleur du Jour is a short film inspired by the idea of having “perfection” in society. It questions whether having a “perfect” li...