Sunday, February 14, 2021

Planning (Day 2)

 Happy Valentines Day!

As you might now, on the last post I have done, I was brainstorming questions that I felt were important to think of in advance.

After answering the questions, I have a clearer image on my head of what I want.

I have taken a final decision, and I want to do a MYSTERY/THRILL piece, a mixture of the things I was looking for.

I got inspired suddenly today and I came up with an idea for the plot

Idea #1

It's the fifties. A woman is cleaning the house and when her husband gets there, she kills him.

The setting will be the kitchen. The shots are all black and white, but the only color that is detected is red. There is a song playing, it sounds like a vinyl. (could preferably be the 1945 song Ït's been a long, long time, but I haven't figured out how its copyright works). The first scenes would be of the housewife doing the dishes. There will be close shots of the water running from the sink, establishing shots showing the kitchen, mid shots of the woman's face and long shots. The story then goes back in time a little bit, and shows a tracking shot of the woman putting the music from before on. She starts gathering the same dishes she was washing. Suddenly,  her husband opens the door and says "Honey, I'm home!" on a high angle or over-the-shoulder shot. A wide shot showing only their feet is when the interaction happens. The housewife kills the man, and it is very audible to the audience. His body falls down and all you can see is the blood starting to run, with the bright red showing. The same type of establishing shot in the kitchen happens again, showing the woman grabbing a bag, putting him in it, and cleaning the blood by using fade transitions in between. The video then cuts back to the beginning shot, where she was washing the dishes. The shot goes closer to the woman to actually show to the audience what is in the dishes, and it's her cleaning the blood out. The video then closes with that retro, circle frame closing.

I know this is a quite specific idea, and even though I might not be able to do all of it, I can still use the plot.

How am I going to do this?

Even though I have not gone way further into this, I know I can use my kitchen for the setting, and buy vintage attire from thrift stores. The price for outfits will be very low still. I can borrow a friend's vinyl, and I already have fake blood.

I need to study more about public domain to know if I can use the song I want. Otherwise, I can find another one. 

Thankfully, I happen to have a decent camera and a tripod.

I know my idea can seem ambitious with the details, but the general plot is quite simple and easy to make; there are only two people needed, no outfit changes, and the settings are all in my own house.

I want to learn further about culture and fashion from that era (1950's) so I don't make any big mistakes. 

Works that inspired me:


Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street

(the part of this that inspired me was the passive-aggressive feel)


I Love Lucy

(the outfits and the era were a source of inspiration)



This is it for today. I will let you guys know when I start further research. I'm really moving forward with this project!







No comments:

Post a Comment

CR

          Couleur du Jour is a short film inspired by the idea of having “perfection” in society. It questions whether having a “perfect” li...