Friday, February 26, 2021

Group Discussion (Day 9)

     Today our class had been divided into groups. They were breakout rooms, so we could have been put up with anyone from the class. I ended up in a breakout room with David, Ella, Aurea, Tanish and Maria. We all individually talked about our projects: our initial plan, genre, blogs, and other things we had to do.


    I really liked listening to their ideas because they are all very different but really well thought out. They gave me advice on editing softwares, and told me how some things would go. One thing we discussed about was the filter I want on my film opening. I am not familiar with editing things like this, but thankfully Maria and David told me some info about it. They indicated that I could use Adobe applications and other alternatives, and also let me know that to achieve this effect I want, I might have to select objects frame by frame. I also asked them whether my opening should have audio or just the music. They told me they think just the music with some sounds would be better than dialogue, which I agree on. Ella sugested that I would make the woman (Marylin) a really calm aspect, like the things she is doing is not a big deal, and that I should play the role; while David suggested that I inserted a scene where Marylin has a psychotic breakout. I enjoy getting different views and comments on my videos, it gives a lot of perspective and options to choose from.  I also really liked how they pointed out they liked certain things on my plan I didn't give much attention to. Listening to their ideas opened my mind to doing other genres for next projects in life. I feel like it's safer to do things like dramas and comedies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CR

          Couleur du Jour is a short film inspired by the idea of having “perfection” in society. It questions whether having a “perfect” li...